My Morning Routine
The power of the first hours of the day
Article published on
March 9, 2021
I love to wake early and benefit from the first hours the day to practice my routine rituals.
- First thing that I do is sit on my bed, breathe some fresh air -I always sleep with my window wild open-, look at the trees in the garden, and I meditate for a couple minutes. I check on my body, how do I feel, and then I just appreciate the moment.
- When I feel satisfied with my mediation I then grab my notebook and write down my thoughts, the memories of a dream, my intentions for the day, or whatever else comes in my mind. I really try to write things down as they come, without trying to think if it makes sense. I let my creativity express itself on the paper and appreciate this first flow moment of the day.
- It is now time to jump out of bed. I dress up for going in the forest. Sometimes I run sometimes I just walk, I spend between half an hour in the forest, no matter if it's raining or snowing. During the winter when the forest is still in the dark, I have an amazing Petzl front-light that helps me to see where I put my steps.
- Back home I take a few minutes to pick up my card from the Spirit Animal deck.
- Then I'm preparing breakfast. Always healthy things, from a superfood smoothie to a chia pudding, or even some gluten and lactose free crepes sometimes, I enjoy preparing this first meal for the day.
- And it is only when I have finished my breakfast that I turn my phone on.